Monday, January 30, 2012

Almost Injured

They say that too much of anything is bad and so is too little.

I had a sedentary lifestyle 2 weeks before, most of the time in the office I am in front of the PC then at home I’m still in front of PC or TV or both. My only exercise back then was going to malls.

I guess I got carried away and wanted to achieve significant results in little time. I was almost injured or maybe a little injured already from last Saturday’s gym sessions. I had my 1 hr free Personal Trainer session from 8-9am (mostly cardio workout), had a 15 minute ball group exercise (stretching) and another hour of Body Combat (similar to Taebo) from 9:30-10:30am. I was not feeling anything bad during those time, except after sauna and shower. I felt pain on my right foot sole (talampakan). Still I walked for another hour or so on the mall (FF is inside Diera City Center).

The pain increased during my mall tour and the way home. I remembered that you have to roll it on a bottle, and I did. Until evening I had difficulty in walking so I decided to take medicine (Alaxan for body pains) and not to come to work the next day (yey! valid reason). The next day it was bearable but I opted not to do any vigorous movements. I already signed up for 2 hours dance sessions (Zumba and Body Jam) with a non-FF friend (like an open house) but had to cancel.

Lesson learned: Do not rush up things, I want to lose weight badly but if it will kill me then it’s no use.

On the brighter side, I blamed my almost injury to my old rubber shoes so now I’ve decided to buy a new one. I’m thinking of Sketchers Shape-Up series, particularly this one



0 comments:

Post a Comment